Open Meeting ConnectED

25 August evening meeting - learning focus GAFE (Google Apps for Education)

I attended a PL meeting with ConnectED with a focus on GAFE.  When I looked at the workshops available I felt that it was targeting more older children, but I felt positive there would be something for me.  I was a bit surprised that there were no facilitators of the workshops as such, they were driven by the people attending, and knowledge shared.  A new concept for me - if you go to a workshop then you are wanting to learn about the content?
I chose Google Slides.  I thought it would be something new, but was happy to see it is essentially PowerPoint.  I have been struggling with presenting images to the children from the internet that I haven't been able to size correctly, so this was great to learn.

I made the following slide as a provocation for oral language, focussing on gender, race, age, ability etc.  The reason I chose to look at images to provoke antibias discussion is I had a child comment that we had 3 dark brown faces in our class.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1MDu8G1zTagdwTwddGryqn49EXfzFI-IN4DvowZ4_4Jo/edit#slide=id.g165f18d61b_1_0

Comments